Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Grants
Provides opportunities for American doctoral candidates enrolled in modern foreign language and area studies programs at U.S. institutions of higher education to engage in full-time dissertation research in Egypt. The program is designed to contribute to the development and improvement of the study of modern foreign languages and area studies in the United States. Students enrolled in doctoral programs apply by submitting an application through the institution of higher education in which they are enrolled.
Eligible Fields: Foreign languages and area studies.
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States at the time of application
- Graduate student in good standing at an institution of higher education in the United States who, when the fellowship begins, is admitted to candidacy in a doctoral program in modern foreign languages and area studies at that institution
- Planning a teaching career in the United States upon graduation
- Possesses adequate skills in the language(s) necessary to carry out the dissertation project
- Alumni of other programs are eligible to apply to this Program. For more information about eligibility, please visit: http://www2.ed.gov/programs/iegpsddrap/eligibility.html
Grant Duration: 6 to 12 months. Applicants may apply for a maximum grant performance period up to eighteen months in duration. The minimum time abroad is six weeks total.
- International travel
- Medical insurance
- Other allowances