Fulbright U.S. Specialist Program
PROGRAM GOAL The Fulbright Specialist Program promotes linkages between U.S. academics and professionals, and their counterparts at Egyptian institutions. The program is designed to award grants to qualified U.S. faculty and professionals to engage in short-term collaborative 2- to 6-week projects at universities and other institutions in Egypt. Project activities focus on the developmental needs of institutions. Personal research is not funded by the Specialist program. ELIGIBLE DISCIPLINES
- American (U.S.) Studies
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Chemistry Education
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Engineering Education
- Environmental Science
- Library Science
- Math Education
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Physics Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public/Global Health
- Social Work
- Urban Planning
PROJECT ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Conducting needs assessments, institutional or programmatic research
- Taking part in specialized academic programs and conferences
- Consulting with administrators and instructors of post-secondary institutions on faculty development
- Presenting lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Participating in or leading seminars or workshops at Egyptian institutions
- Developing and/or assessing academic curricula or educational materials
- Conducting teacher-training programs at the tertiary levels
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES: For Host Institutions:
- Egyptian institutions wishing to host a Fulbright Specialist should consult with the Fulbright Commission in Egypt. An institution may apply for:
- A Named Request: the institution identifies the scholar whom it would like to host.
- An Unnamed Request: the institution identifies the field of specialization in which it would like to host a Specialist and describes the activities to be pursued.
- For further information please visit: https://fulbrightspecialist.worldlearning.org/eligibility-host-institutions
For Fulbright Specialists:
- The requested American Scholar must be registered in an online roster maintained by World Learning, the program’s implementing partner. U.S. faculty and professionals may apply to the roster by visiting: https://fulbrightspecialist.worldlearning.org/.
- For further information please visit: https://fulbrightspecialist.worldlearning.org/eligibility-specialists
- International travel and honorarium are provided by the U.S. Department of State.
- Lodging, meals, and local transportation are provided by the host institution.