Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Applied, Fine and Performing Arts
- Provides fully funded grants for professional artists who wish to conduct field research and/or attend master classes for six to nine months in the U.S.
Eligible Fields: (Click here for more information on eligible fields and specializations)
- Applied Arts
- Fine Arts
- Performing Arts
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement, and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must prove participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions
- TOEFL/IELTS test scores not required.
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without significant recent experience in the U.S.
Required Documents: (All documents must be submitted by no later than May 23, 2019. Please carefully read application guidelines from link below for submission instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Proof of participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions (Portfolio)
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/
- Travel Allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- Research and courses fees
- Other allowances
AY2020-2021 PROGRAM TIMELINE:
|February 19, 2019||Program Announcement|
|May 23, 2019||Deadline for submitting online applications|
|June 2019 – August 2019||Application Review|
|September 2019||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October 2019||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for nominated applicants)|
|November 2019 – May 2020||University/Institution Placement Process (Only for nominated applicants)|
|May 2020 / June 2020||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for applicants who are successfully placed at U.S. universities/institutions)|
|July 2020 / September 2020||Departure Date (Only for grantees who successfully completed all above stages)|