Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Applied, Fine and Performing Arts
The program provides fully funded grants for professional artists who wish to attend master classes and/or conduct field research for 6 to 9 months in the U.S.
- Applied Arts
- Fine Arts
- Performing Arts
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must prove participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions.
- Applicants must successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
Required Documents: (All documents must be uploaded to the online application by no later than June 28, 2022. Please carefully read the Application Instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Proof of participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions (Portfolio)
- Three recommendation letters
- Scanned copy of the original valid national ID
- Personal photo
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Travel Allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- Research and courses fees
- Other allowances
AY2023-2024 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2022||Program Announcement|
|June 28, 2022||Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents|
|July – August 2022||Application Review|
|September/October 2022||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October/November 2022||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|November 2022 – January 2023||TOEFL iBT testing (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|University Placement Process (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|April – May 2023||University Selection Process (Only for Semi-Finalists)|
|May/June 2023||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for Semi-Finalists)|
|July – September 2023||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all above stages and all program pre-departure requirements)|