Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
Provides opportunities for American faculty members, professionals, and independent scholars to lecture and/or conduct research at universities or research institutions in Egypt. Grant duration ranges from three to nine months.
Lecturing, Research, or Combined Lecturing/Research Grants: Scholars in the humanities, sciences, or social sciences lecture and/or conduct research at Egyptian institutions.
- U.S. citizenship at the time of application.
- PhD degree or professional equivalent as appropriate at the time of application. For professionals and artists outside academe, recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishment are required.
- College or university teaching experience at the level and in the field of the proposed lecturing activity as specified in the award description at the time of application.
- Arabic language proficiency requirements vary according to the field of specialization and proposed project.
For details regarding the eligibility requirements of the U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program, please visit http://www.ciehttps://www.cies.org/program/core-fulbright-us-scholar-programs.org/us_scholars/us_awards/Eligibility.htm
- International travel allowance
- Furnished accommodations
- Health benefits coverage
- Other allowances
Interested U.S. scholars must apply directly to the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) by completing CIES’ on-line application, and providing all required supporting documents, including a project statement detailing the scholar’s proposed research and/or lecturing activities while in Egypt. For further information on the various awards available in Egypt for U.S. scholars please visit www.cies.org
AY2020-2021 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
Contact InformationFor further information please contact