Community College Initiative Program (CCI)
برنامج الكليات المجتمعية يقدم منح للشباب المصري للدراسة بالكليات المجتمعية في الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية بهدف تطوير خبرتهم المهنية والأكاديمية لمدة عام أكاديمي. لمزيد من المعلومات اضغط هنا
The Community College Initiative (CCI) Program provides Egyptian young professionals an opportunity to attend one academic year of non-degree study at accredited U.S. community colleges. The CCI Program encourages a well-rounded learning and exchange experience and focuses on five program pillars: academics, cultural exchange, service learning, internships, and leadership and action planning. All pillars of the CCI Program are of equal importance. The CCI Program is designed to build participants’ technical skills in applied fields, enhance their leadership capabilities, and strengthen their English language proficiency. The program also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement. Immediately after completing the program, participants are expected to return to Egypt with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the country’s development and economic growth. The CCI Program is a program of the U.S. Department of State.
What are community colleges? In the United States, a community college is a two-year post-secondary institution that offers certificate programs, Associate of Arts degrees, Associate of Sciences degrees, plus many other programs.
Fields of Study:
- Agribusiness – Agricultural Geospatial Technology – Agricultural Production Management – Animal Science – Environmental Horticulture and Conservation – Parks and Natural Resources – Small Scale Food Production – Sustainable Agriculture
- Architecture – Automotive Technology or Service Management – Computer Aided Design – Construction Management – Electro-Mechanical Technology – Electrical Technology – Electrical Systems Maintenance – Electricity and Electronics Technology – Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning – Machine Repair: Automated Systems – Manufacturing Technology – Mechatronics – Robotics – Welding
Business Management and Administration
- Banking and Finance:
- Accounting – Banking – Bookkeeping
- Business Planning – Entrepreneurship – Small Business Management
- Marketing and Public Relations:
- Customer Service – Marketing – Promotions and Public Relations – Social Media Marketing
- Administrative Professional – Business Management – Business Operations Support and Services – Human Resources – International/Global Business – Leadership Development – Logistics/Global Supply Chain Management – Manufacturing – Organizational Leadership – Project Management
Early Childhood Education
- Administration of an Early Childhood Education (ECE) Center – Early and School-Age Care Specialist – Early Childhood Education and Development – Special Education
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)/Computer Science (CS) (Programming, Computer Science, Web Design, Games, Excel, Access, SQL, Oracle, or Linux/Unix) – Computer Internetworking Technologies (CIT) – GIS – IT Technician – Desktop Support, Computer Support, Network Technician
- Digital Media/Animation – Film Studies/ Motion Picture/ Television – Graphic Design – Journalism – Public & Media Relations – Social Media Marketing – Web Design – Web Development
- Fire Sciences, Protection and Safety – Emergency Services
Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Hospitality and Hotel Management – Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management – Meeting, Event, and Exhibition Planning – Tourism
- Egyptian Citizenship.
- Age between 21 and 30.
- Has completed a secondary (technical or general) degree or its equivalent with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Highest Educational Degree:
- Graduates of Technical Schools/Institutes: 3-year Technical Secondary School; 5-year Technical Secondary School; 2-Year Higher Institute; or General Secondary School
- Bachelor’s degrees: A. holders must have a minimum of 2 years recent work experience in the field of application, which must be other than the field in which the B.A. was attained.
- Proof of English Language proficiency from any of the below approved test centers centers. Applicants must submit an official valid score report for only one of the following tests:
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 400
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 32-40
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 4.5 (no required score for each section)
- English language proficiency administered by Egyptian universities – minimum required score of 400
- Duolingo English Test: https://englishtest.duolingo.com/ – minimum required score of 65
- Online English Placement Test (OEPT) offered by the AUC’s Continuing School of Education: https://sce.aucegypt.edu/testing-assessments/online-english-placement-test-oept
|Test Type||Test Centers||Designated Governorates|
|TOEFL ITP||AMIDEAST||Cairo and Alexandria|
|The American Center for Continuing Education||Assiut|
|The American Canadian Center||Shebin El Kom|
|Skills Castle||Benha and Tanta|
|The American Language Center||Damietta|
|TOEFL iBT||Please check available test centers at: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register||Various governorates across Egypt|
|IELTS (General Test)||British Council||Cairo and Alexandria|
|IDP Center||Cairo and Alexandria|
|English Language Proficiency Test||Egyptian Universities||Various governorates across Egypt|
- Has limited or no overseas study experience.
- Is able to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Is willing and physically able (with accommodations as required) to complete the program in its entirety including activities or travel that may be programmed on any day of the week
- Is currently residing in Egypt and will remain in Egypt from the application date till the program start date.
- Is able to begin the academic exchange program in the U.S. in July/August 2021.
- Male applicants must have military service exemption/postponement at the time of application.
- Is committed to returning to Egypt immediately after completion of the program.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities and candidates from ALL Egyptian Governorates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered Ineligible in the following cases:
- Individuals who have a U.S. citizenship or U.S. green card or hold dual Egyptian and U.S. citizenship.
- University graduates from the same field of application.
- Lack of the required proof for English language proficiency.
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, or research programs in the U.S.
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Egypt.
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. government for a period of more than six weeks and who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of application.
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency.
- Employees of U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Agency for International Development, or employees at any organization implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State are ineligible to apply. Previous employees at these organizations are eligible, and may apply, one year after employment has ended.
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State, USAID, or Fulbright Commission employees. Family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment.
- Persons arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a crime (excluding minor traffic violations).
- Application Form: Applicants must provide complete information for all questions and send the application form as an attachment to CCI@bfce.eun.eg by the application deadline
- Essay Questions: The CCI program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of grantees and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Clear Scanned Copy of original secondary school certificate in English and Arabic (3-year technical secondary school, 5-year technical secondary school or General secondary school).
- Clear Scanned Copy of original secondary school transcript (with subjects and grades) in English and Arabic.
- In addition to the above, bachelor’s degree holders and graduates of 2-year Higher Institutes must also submit a clear scanned copy of the original certificate and transcript (with subjects and grades) in English and Arabic for their post-secondary studies.
- English Test Results. Provide valid, official English test score report.
- Copy of passport or national ID
- Male applicants must submit their military services status / Exemption certificate.
Financial provisions of the grant:
- J-1 visa support.
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States.
- Tuition and mandatory college fees.
- Housing and meals.
- Small allowance for books, materials, and incidental expenses.
- Limited Accident and Sickness coverage that is J-visa compliant.
- A variety of personal and professional development activities.
- The CCI program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of grantees and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Dependents are not allowed for any part of this grant.
- Program participants cannot undertake paid employment in the U.S. during this grant.
AY21-22 CCI Program’s Timeline
|November 10, 2020||Program Announcement|
|January 16, 2021||Application Deadline|
|January / February, 2021||Interviews for short-listed applicants|
|March 2021||Announcement of Nomination Results and Regret Letters|
|April / May 2021||Placement for Nominees|
|May – June, 2021||Nominees participate in pre-departure orientations (PDO)|
|Communicate with host campus Program Coordinators and submit additional required documents for each host campus|
|June – July, 2021||Candidates receive travel itinerary and travel information.|
|Mid-July, 2021||Travel Date|
Preference will be given to applicants without prior significant experience in the U.S.