Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program – Arts Management, Museum and Heritage Studies Grant
The program provides research opportunities at U.S. institutions for Egyptian professionals and academics who work in arts and cultural management, or museum and heritage studies.
Grant Duration: three to nine months.
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Professionals at an artistic institution, e.g. museum, library, arts, cultural center/institute, or academic faculty members at Egyptian universities in the fields of arts and cultural management, or museum and heritage studies.
- Strong professional or academic background in the field of study; applicants should be suitably qualified to conduct the proposed research.
- B.A. or B.Sc. and/or MFA.
- Excellent command of English.
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants without recent prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
Required Documents: (All documents must be uploaded to the online application by no later than September 29, 2022. Please carefully read the Application Instructions)
- Online Application
- Project Statement
- Copies of certificate and transcript of highest degree in English
- CV with clear contact information
- Letter of support from home institution
- Three recommendation letters
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Personal Photo
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Professional and excess baggage allowances
- Health benefits coverage
Note: International travel is not covered by the grant and is normally provided by the grantee’s home institution.
AY2023-2024 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2022||Program Announcement|
|September 29, 2022||Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents|
|October– December 2022||Application Review|
|January 2023||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|March/April 2023||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for semi-finalist and alternate candidates)|
|July 2023||Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) (Only for semi-finalists)|
|September 2023 – April 2024||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all the above stages and all program pre-departure requirements)|