Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – MBA for University and Research Center Leadership
The program provides fully funded Master’s Degree grants in Business Administration (MBA) in the U.S. for Egyptian full-time faculty members at Egyptian Universities or Research Centers who have a proven track record of leadership and commitment to developing the administrative and educational systems at their home institutions.
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Applicants must be full-time faculty members at Egyptian Universities or Research Centers who hold a PhD degree in their field of specialization.
- Applicants from all disciplines are welcome to apply except those in the fields of Business Administration and its specializations.
- MBA degree holders and faculty members in the fields of Business, Management, Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Economics, Finance and Marketing are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit a letter of support from their home institution.
- Applicants must submit a justification statement that demonstrates a track record of leadership and service to their home universities or research centers and have a clear plan of how their MBA studies will be utilized following return.
- Proof of English Language proficiency from any of the approved test centers below. Applicants must submit a score report for only one of the following tests:
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5
- Duolingo English Test – minimum required score of 105
- English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities – minimum required score of 550
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
English language proficiency score reports may be submitted only from one of the following:
|Test Type||Test Center Name||Location of Test Center|
|TOEFL ITP||AMIDEAST||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Skills Castle||Benha – Tanta|
|American Center for Continuing Education||Assiut|
|For online registration please visit:
EGYPT English Language and Testing Products and Services (amideast.org)
|TOEFL iBT||Please check available test centers at: https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/ibt/take/register||Various governorates across Egypt|
|Academic/General Training IELTS||British Council||Cairo – Alexandria|
|IDP Center||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Duolingo English Test||https://englishtest.duolingo.com/||Online|
|English Language Proficiency Test officially administered by an Egyptian national university||Egyptian Universities||Various governorates across Egypt|
Required Documents: (All documents must be uploaded to the online application by no later than June 1, 2023. Please carefully read the Application Instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of all post-secondary certificates (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD) in English
- Proof of English Language proficiency (only one of the following tests):
- TOEFL ITP: 550
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo: 105
- English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities: 550
- Letter of support from the home institution
- Justification statement
- Three recommendation letters
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Personal photo
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
AY2024-2025 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2023||Program Announcement|
|June 1, 2023||Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents|
|June – August 2023||Application Review|
|September/October 2023||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October/November 2023||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|November 2023 – January 2024||TOEFL iBT and GMAT testing (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|University Placement Process (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|March – May 2024||University Selection Process (Only for Semi-Finalists)|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for Semi-Finalists)|
|July – September 2024||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all above stages and all program pre-departure requirements)
Note: If long-term English program is needed, grantees will travel during the period between January to March 2024.
AY2024-2025 MBA for University and Research Center Leadership
- Announcement: February 1, 2023
- Online Application
- Application Instructions
- Helpful Videos about Writing a Personal Statement
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2023