Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program – Post-Doctoral Research Grant
The program provides opportunities for Egyptian faculty members from Egyptian universities and research centers to conduct research at U.S. institutions in all fields of study.
Grant Duration: three to nine months.
All Fields are Eligible
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Full time faculty member at an Egyptian university or research center.
- Ph.D. degree is required.
- Excellent command of English.
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants without recent prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
- Scholars applying in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, psychological counseling and dentistry fields should be aware that their research cannot include clinical studies.
Required Documents: (All documents must be uploaded to the online application by no later than September 29, 2022. Please carefully read the Application Instructions)
- Online Application
- Project Statement
- Ph.D. certificate in English
- CV with clear contact information and updated publications
- Letter of support from home institution
- Three recommendation letters
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Personal Photo
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Professional and excess baggage allowances
- Health benefits coverage
Note: International travel is not covered by the grant and is normally provided by the grantee’s home institution.
AY2023-2024 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2022||Program Announcement|
|September 29, 2022||Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents|
|October – December 2022||Application Review|
|January 2023||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|March/April 2023||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for semi-finalist and alternate candidates)|
|July 2023||Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) (Only for semi-finalists)|
|August 2023 – May 2024||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all the above stages and all program pre-departure requirements)|