Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program – Post-Doctoral Research Grants
Provides opportunities for Egyptian post-doctoral faculty members in all fields to conduct research at American institutions.
Grant duration: three to nine months.
ALL fields are eligible.
Scholars applying in the fields of medicine, veterinary medicine, and dentistry should be aware that their research cannot include clinical studies or direct patient contact.
- Research Grants: For scholars in the humanities, sciences, or social sciences to conduct research at American institutions.
- Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Academic faculty member of an Egyptian university or research institute/center.
- Ph.D. is required.
- Excellent command of English.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the assessment and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
Preference will be given to applicants without significant recent experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/
- Professional and excess baggage allowances
- Dependents Allowance
- Health benefits coverage
Note: International travel is not covered by the grant and is normally provided by the grantee’s home institution.