Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program – Post-Doctoral Research Grant
The Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program – Post-Doctoral Research Grant provides opportunities for Egyptian faculty members from Egyptian universities and research centers to conduct research at U.S. institutions in all fields of study.
Grant Duration: 3 to 9 months.
All fields are eligible.
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Full time faculty member at a university in Egypt, or a full-time research member at an Egyptian research center.
- Ph.D. degree is required.
- Excellent command of English.
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants without prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
- Scholars applying in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, psychological counseling, and dentistry fields should be aware that their programs cannot include clinical studies.
Required Documents: (All documents must be uploaded to the online application by no later than September 26, 2023. Please carefully read the Application Instructions)
- Online Application
- Project Statement
- Ph.D. certificate in English
- CV with clear contact information and updated publications
- Letter of support from home institution
- Three recommendation letters
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Personal photo
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Travel allowance
- Professional and excess baggage allowance
- Health benefits coverage
AY2024-2025 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2023||Program Announcement|
|September 26, 2023||Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents|
|September – December 2023||Application Review|
|January 2024||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|March/April 2024||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for semi-finalist and alternate candidates)|
|July 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) (Only for semi-finalists)|
|September 2024 – April 2025||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all the above stages and all program pre-departure requirements)|
AY2024-2025 Post-Doctoral Research Grant
- Announcement: February 1, 2023
- Click here to start an Application
- Application Instructions
- Reference Letter Form
- Application Deadline: September 26, 2023