Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Visiting Student Researcher
- Provides fully funded grants for students registered in Ph.D. programs at universities in Egypt to collect data and/or conduct research for six to nine months in the U.S.
- All fields are eligible.
- Students applying in the fields of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Psychological Counseling , Nursing and Dentistry should be aware that their master’s programs cannot include clinical studies or direct contact with patients.
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement, and pre-departure processes.
- Master’s degree. Strong academic record.
- Applicants must be registered in doctoral degree program at a university in Egypt.
- TOEFL/IELTS test scores not required.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without significant recent experience in the U.S.
Required Documents: (All documents must be submitted by no later than the program’s deadline. Please carefully read application guidelines from link below for submission instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English.
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Proof of registered doctoral degree at a university in Egypt
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/
- Travel Allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
AY2021-2022 PROGRAM TIMELINE:
|February 2020||Program Announcement|
|May 2020||Deadline for submitting online applications|
|June 2020 – August 2020||Application Review|
|September 2020||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October 2020||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for nominated applicants)|
|November 2020 – May 2021||TOEFL iBT and GMAT/GRE testing (Only for nominated applicants)|
|University Placement Process (Only for nominated applicants)|
|May 2021 / June 2021||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for applicants who are successfully placed at U.S. universities)|
|July 2021 / September 2021||Departure Date (Only for grantees who successfully completed all above stages)|