Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Islamic Studies
Provides fully funded grants for graduates of Islamic Studies from relevant faculties at Al Azhar University or the faculties of Dar Al Ulum to pursue master’s degrees, or Ph.D. degrees or to conduct research in Islamic Studies in the U.S.
- Master’s Degree Grants, for persons wishing to pursue a master’s degree in the U.S.
- Ph.D. Grants for persons wishing to pursue Ph.D. studies in the U.S.
- Visiting Student Researcher grants, for persons registered for M.A. or Ph.D. degrees who wish to conduct research or gather data in the U.S. for six to nine months.
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting the application process till the travel date (in case of selection)
- Graduate of Islamic Studies from relevant faculties at Al Azhar University or the faculties of Dar Al Ulum.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of “Good”.
- For Visiting Student Researcher applicants: proof of registered M.A. or Ph.D. thesis.
- Language Requirements:
- For Master’s degrees or Visiting Student Researcher grants applicants: minimum Institutional TOEFL (ITP) score by an approved testing center of 450 or its equivalent iBT (45), or IELTS (5) from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the ETS approved centers listed below
- For Ph.D. degrees: minimum institutional TOEFL (ITP) score of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from AMIDEAST or any of the ETS approved centers listed below
|AMIDEAST/ETS Approved Centers||Designated Governorates|
|AMIDEAST Egypt – Cairo||Cairo|
|AMIDEAST Egypt – Alexandria||Alexandria|
|American Canadian Center||Menoufia , Kafr El Sheikh, Qalubiya, & Gharbia.|
|The American Language Center||Damietta|
|MASRYA||Sohag, Assiut, Menia, New Valley, Qena, Luxor, & Aswan.|
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- Other allowances
- Tuition and/or university fees
All applications and required supporting documents should be submitted via the online system only.
Preference will be given to applicants without significant recent experience in the U.S.