Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Master’s Degree
- Provides fully funded master’s degree grants for university graduates to study in the U.S. for a maximum of two years.
- All fields are eligible.
- Students applying in the fields of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Psychological Counseling , Nursing and Dentistry should be aware that their master’s programs cannot include clinical studies or direct contact with patients.
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of “Good” for applicants in American studies, humanities, and social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
- Proof of English Language proficiency. Applicants must submit score report for only one of the following tests: (refer to the below table for approved test centers)
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5 (no required score for each section)
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without significant recent experience in the U.S.
|Test Type||Test Center Name||Location of Test Center|
|TOEFL ITP||AMIDEAST||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Tamkeen New Era||Mansoura|
|The Scientific Center for Consultations and Development||Beni-Suef|
|Skills Castle||Benha – Tanta|
|American Center for Continuing Education||Assiut|
|The American Language Center||Damietta|
|El Manara International Academy||Minya|
|Suez Language and Computer Center||Suez|
|The American Canadian Center||Menoufia|
|TOEFL iBT||Please check available test centers at: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register||Various governorates across Egypt|
|Academic/General Training IELTS||British Council||Cairo – Alexandria|
|IDP Center||Cairo – Alexandria|
Required Documents: (All documents must be submitted by no later than May 23, 2019. Please carefully read application guidelines from link below for submission instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Minimum TOEFL ITP of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from any of the centers in the table above
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
AY2020-2021 PROGRAM TIMELINE:
|February 19, 2019||Program Announcement|
|May 23, 2019||Deadline for submitting online applications|
|June 2019 – August 2019||Application Review|
|September 2019||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October 2019||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for nominated applicants)|
|November 2019 – May 2020||TOEFL iBT and GMAT/GRE testing (Only for nominated applicants)|
|University Placement Process (Only for nominated applicants)|
|May 2020 / June 2020||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for applicants who are successfully placed at U.S. universities)|
|July 2020 / September 2020||Departure Date (Only for grantees who successfully completed all above stages)
Note: If Long-term English program is needed, grantees will travel during the period between January to March 2020