Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Master’s Degree
Provides fully funded master’s degree grants for university graduates to study in the U.S. for a maximum of two years.
All Fields are Eligible
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Currently residing in Egypt; applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of “Good” for applicants in the humanities and social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
- Proof of English Language proficiency from any of the approved test centers below. Applicants must submit a valid score report for only one of the following tests:
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5 (no required score for each section)
- Duolingo English Test – minimum required score of 105
- English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities – minimum required score of 550
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants without prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
- Students applying in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, psychological counseling and dentistry fields should be aware that their programs cannot include clinical studies.
Valid English language proficiency score reports may be submitted only from one of the following:
|Test Type||Test Center Name||Location of Test Center|
|TOEFL ITP||AMIDEAST||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Skills Castle||Benha – Tanta|
|American Center for Continuing Education||Assiut|
|The American Canadian Center||Menoufia|
|TOEFL iBT||Please check available test centers at: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register||Various governorates across Egypt|
|Academic/General Training IELTS||British Council||Cairo – Alexandria|
|IDP Center||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Duolingo English Test||https://englishtest.duolingo.com/||Online|
|English Language Proficiency Test officially administered by an Egyptian national university||Egyptian Universities||Various governorates across Egypt|
Required Documents: (All documents must be submitted online by no later than July 3, 2021. Please carefully read the Application Guidelines)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Minimum TOEFL ITP of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from any of the centers in the table above, or Duolingo (105) or an English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities (550)
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
- Personal Photo
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application. Grant Benefits
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
AY2022-2023 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2021||Program Announcement|
|July 3, 2021||Deadline for submitting online applications|
|July 2021 – August 2021||Application Review|
|September/October 2021||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October/November 2021||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for semi-finalist candidates)|
|November 2021 – January 2022||TOEFL iBT and GMAT/GRE testing (Only for semi-finalist candidates)|
|University Placement Process (Only for semi-finalist candidates)|
|April – May 2022||University Selection Process for Semi-Finalist Candidates|
|May 2022 / June 2022||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for principal semi-finalists)|
|July 2022 – September 2022||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all above stages) Note: If Long-term English program is needed, grantees will travel during the period between January to March 2022|