Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Master’s Degree
- Provides fully funded master’s degree grants for university graduates to study in the U.S. for a maximum of two years.
- All fields are eligible.
- Students applying in the fields of medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing and dentistry should be aware that their master’s programs cannot include clinical studies or direct contact with patients.
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of “Good” for applicants in American studies, humanities, and social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
- Proof of English Language proficiency. Applicants must submit score report for only one of the following tests: (refer to the below table for approved test centers)
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5 (no required score for each section)
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without significant recent experience in the U.S.
|Test Type||Test Center Name||Location of Test Center|
|TOEFL ITP||AMIDEAST||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Tamkeen New Era||Mansoura|
|The Scientific Center for Consultations and Development||Beni-Suef|
|Skills Castle||Benha – Tanta|
|American Center for Continuing Education||Assiut|
|The American Language Center||Damietta|
|El Manara International Academy||Minya|
|Suez Language and Computer Center||Suez|
|The American Canadian Center||Menoufia|
|TOEFL iBT||Please check available test centers at: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register||Various governorates across Egypt|
|Academic/General Training IELTS||British Council||Cairo – Alexandria|
|IDP Center||Cairo – Alexandria|
Required Documents: (All documents must be submitted by no later than May 23, 2019. Please carefully read application guidelines from link below for submission instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Minimum TOEFL ITP of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from any of the centers in the table above
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
AY2020-2021 PROGRAM TIMELINE:
|February 19, 2019||Program Announcement|
|May 23, 2019||Deadline for submitting online applications|
|June 2019 – August 2019||Application Review|
|September 2019||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October 2019||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for nominated applicants)|
|November 2019 – May 2020||TOEFL iBT and GMAT/GRE testing (Only for nominated applicants)|
|University Placement Process (Only for nominated applicants)|
|May 2020 / June 2020||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for applicants who are successfully placed at U.S. universities)|
|July 2020 / September 2020||Departure Date (Only for grantees who successfully completed all above stages)
Note: If Long-term English program is needed, grantees will travel during the period between January to March 2019