Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – Master’s Degree
The program provides fully funded master’s degree grants for university graduates to study in the U.S. for a maximum of two years.
All fields are eligible.
- Egyptian citizenship.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree:
- Minimum of “Good” for applicants in the humanities and social sciences.
- Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
- Proof of English Language proficiency from any of the approved test centres below. Applicants must submit a score report for only one of the following tests:
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5
- Duolingo English Test – minimum required score of 105
- English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities – minimum required score of 550
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants without prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
- Students applying in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, psychological counseling, and dentistry fields should be aware that their programs cannot include clinical studies.
English language proficiency score reports may be submitted only from one of the following:
|Test Type||Test Center Name||Location of Test Center|
|TOEFL ITP||AMIDEAST||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Skills Castle||Benha – Tanta|
|American Center for Continuing Education||Assiut|
|For online registration please visit: EGYPT English Language and Testing Products and Services (amideast.org)|
|TOEFL iBT||Please check available test centers at: https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/ibt/take/register||Various governorates across Egypt|
|Academic/General Training IELTS||British Council||Cairo – Alexandria|
|IDP Center||Cairo – Alexandria|
|Duolingo English Test||https://englishtest.duolingo.com/||Online|
|English Language Proficiency Test officially administered by an Egyptian national university||Egyptian Universities||Various governorates across Egypt|
Required Documents: (All documents must be uploaded to the online application by no later than June 1, 2023. Please carefully read the Application Instructions)
- Online Application
- Copies of transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English.
- Proof of English Language proficiency (only one of the following tests):
- TOEFL ITP: 550
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo: 105
- English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities: 550
- Three recommendation letters
- Applicants applying for a master’s degree in the fields of Arts or Architecture are required to submit a portfolio of their work
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Personal photo
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
AY2024-2025 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2023||Program Announcement|
|June 1, 2023||Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents|
|June – August 2023||Application Review|
|September/October 2023||Personal Interviews (Only for shortlisted applicants)|
|October/November 2023||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Applicants will be notified via email)|
|Post Nomination Orientation (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|November 2023 – January 2024||TOEFL iBT and GRE/GMAT testing (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|University Placement Process (Only for Semi-Finalist and Alternate candidates)|
|March – May 2024||University Selection Process (Only for Semi-Finalists)|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for Semi-Finalists)|
|July – September 2024||Departure Date (Only for selected applicants who successfully completed all above stages and all program pre-departure requirements) Note: If long-term English program is needed, grantees will travel during the period between January to March 2024.|
AY2024-2025 Master's Degree Grant
- Announcement: February 1, 2023
- Click Here to Start an Application
- Online Application Instructions
- Helpful Videos for Writing a Personal Statement
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2023