Fulbright Egyptian Student Program
This program provides grant opportunities for university graduates, master’s and doctoral degree candidates, and young professionals and artists to study and conduct research in the United States.
- Master’s degree grants: maximum of two years for persons wishing to pursue postgraduate degrees in the U.S. Applicants in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), Agriculture and Economics are encouraged to apply.
- Non-degree grants: six to nine months for persons registered for advanced degrees in Egyptian universities who wish to conduct research in the U.S.
- Fine, Applied and Performing Arts grants: six to nine months for artists who wish to conduct field research or attend master classes with professionals in the U.S.
- Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting the application process till the travel date (in case of selection).
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of “Good” for applicants in American studies, humanities, and social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
- Minimum of two years post-graduate experience at the time of application for applicants in American studies, humanities, and social sciences only.
- Language Requirements: minimum institutional TOEFL from AMIDEAST Egypt or by an approved testing center of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.0).
- For non-degree applicants: proof of registered masters or doctoral thesis at an Egyptian university.
- For Fine, Applied and Performing Arts grants: proof of participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions; No TOEFL score required.
|AMIDEAST/ETS Approved Centers||Designated Governorates|
|AMIDEAST Egypt – Cairo||Cairo|
|AMIDEAST Egypt – Alexandria||Alexandria|
|American Canadian Center||Menoufia , Kafr El Sheikh, Qalubiya, & Gharbia.|
|The American Language Center||Damietta|
|MASRYA||Sohag, Assiut, New Valley, Qena, Luxor, & Aswan.|
- Travel allowance
- Medical insurance
- Other allowances
- Tuition and/or university fees